What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Did you know that one of the best substances for your skin is produced by your own body? Hyaluronic acid is found in the highest concentrations in the fluids of your joints and eyes. This substance helps your skin retain water, keeping it moisturized. It can also be taken as a supplement to treat multiple health problems.
How Does it Work?
Your skin naturally becomes dryer with age, causing you to develop wrinkles and lose firmness. When hyaluronic acid is applied to your skin, it will naturally hydrate your face and reduce wrinkles. A few studies have also indicated that your skin will be much smoother after using the supplement. In addition to restoring your youthful glow, hyaluronic acid also protects your skin from toxic chemicals and too much exposure to the sun.
5 Amazing Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
While getting rid of your wrinkles is already a huge plus, this substance also:
1. Alleviate joint pain. If your joints aren't properly hydrated, you may experience pain when they grind together. Hyaluronic acid can be injected directly into your joints to provide quick relief. It is most commonly used to treat degenerative diseases like osteoarthritis.
2. Help your wounds heal faster. Hyaluronic acid naturally increases in your skin when your body is in distress. It helps reduce the levels of inflammation and can even make your wounds smaller when directly applied to the affected area. Because of its antibacterial qualities, hyaluronic acid also keeps you safe from infection.
3. Soothes dry eyes. Hyaluronic acid is a common ingredient in eye drops, commonly used to treat adults who suffer from dry eye. It helps increase tear production and overall eye health.
4. Reduces acid reflux. This is a painful condition where the contents of the stomach rise back up to your throat, resulting in feelings of burning pain and discomfort. Prolonged acid reflux can lead to the lining of your esophagus becoming damaged. Hyaluronic acid can help your esophagus heal quickly.
5. Keeps your bones strong. Recent studies have shown that hyaluronic acid can help slow down bone loss and speed up the forming of new bone tissue.
What Ingredients Does Hyaluronic Acid Work Best With?
Hyaluronic acid works best when paired with an anti-aging ingredient like Vitamin C. Together, these ingredients will brighten your skin and promote collagen production.
Hyaluronic acid can also be combined with alpha hydroxy acids. These acids help exfoliate your skin but can cause it to dry out. When combined with hyaluronic acid, your skin can be rehydrated and still enjoy the benefits of AHA's.
Hyaluronic Acid Skincare Products You Need
The Australian Skin Institute carries a wide variety of the best products with hyaluronic acid, including:
Pure Hydration Concentrate. This concentrate combines hyaluronic acid with Vitamin C, sinking deeper into your skin to maximize hydration.
Multi-Peptide Serum. This serum will drastically reduce aging by effectively targetting your wrinkles and fine lines.
For more information about the best products to keep your skin looking young and healthy, contact us today.