Acne Prone and Oily
If you suffer from regular skin breakouts or are living with active acne, dealing with your skin on the daily can be extremely frustrating. Although it can feel like you're the only person on the planet without a clear complexion, Acne is the most common skin condition in the world and in Australian’s affects 85% of 15-24 year olds.
But waving your teenage years bye-bye doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll never get a break out again… ‘adult acne’ is a real issue and, due to hormonal influences, typically affects more women than men.
Although it’s understandable that having breakouts, oiliness, or acne can get you down, try not to stress. Stress triggers your body to release cortisol, a glucocorticoid hormone that at prolonged, elevated levels causes your skin’s sebaceous glands to produce more sebum.
The good news is that there are actually many effective treatments that can help you manage and control your acne prone and oily skin; the main thing to note is that you may need to address the issue from multiple angles and come to terms with the fact that it will most likely need regular and consistent attention for best results.
Tips and advice to help with acne and oily skin:
- Try to keep fingers, hands and hair away from your face as this can introduce and/or spread bacteria.
- Sleep on a clean pillow case every night (sleep, flip, sleep, change). You don’t want to lay your freshly cleansed skin on top of last night's pillow bacteria.
- It’s tempting, but do not squeeze pimples as doing this incorrectly can lead to further outbreaks and scarring. Instead, visit your Skin Therapist for regular anti-acne treatments to deep clean pores and fight bacteria.
- Get at least 8 hours sleep... your skin repairs itself best while you rest.
- Don't clog your skin with heavy make-up. Use mineral-based, preservative-free cosmetics like our Mineral Radiance Range.
- Relax, stay calm and stress-free. High cortisol levels will actually cause your skin to produce more oil.
- Get plenty of EFA's in your diet. Essential Fatty Acids will make your skin produce a thinner, more flowy oil that won't clog your pores.
- Don't use scrub exfoliants... opt for brush-on exfoliator instead. The p-bacteria that causes acne loves an oily, airless environment… removing dead skin build up and encouraging oxygenation of the skin with our AHA Power Exfoliant is a surefire way to reduce the p-bacteria on your skin.
Radiant Cream Cleanser - use as a pre cleanse & makeup remover
Rejuvenating Foaming Cleanser - use for a deep power cleanse
AHA Power Exfoliant - use 2 times a week on cleansed, dry skin for 2 minutes.
Vitamin A Corrector - use every third night
Vitamin B3 Complex - use every morning
Clearing Renewal Complex - use once daily on active breakout
Vita A Peel - advanced treatment designed to improve the overall condition of the skin and to produce a healthy and more vibrant complexion.
Can be repeated every 4 weeks.
Pro Peel - fast, effective and affordable skin treatment for immediate cell renewal and a refreshed, clear complexion.
Can be repeated every 4 weeks.
Dermal Rolling 0.75mm - effective at reducing acne scarring, body scarring, hair thinning, fine lines and skin texture.
Can be repeated every week.
*Important: Online consultation required by an ASI Professional Skin Therapist before using any Professional Kit.